MINISTRY OF BUSINESS
Department of Commerce
Advisory to Importers of Poultry
With effect from February 2016, businesses/persons desirous of obtaining a licence to import poultry are advised of the following:
- First time applicants are required to complete a registration form
- Import licences will be issued on a first come, first served Licences submitted before allocations are made will be kept on file and will be considered at the time of issuance
- Application forms should be submitted before the 15th December to be considered for the first annual allocation (valid for January – June) and the 15th June to be considered for the second annual allocation (valid for July – December)
- Applications submitted after the stipulated dates will not be considered for the current allocation
- Licences are valid for a period of six months and cannot be extended
- Licences are not transferrable
- A total of 1,950,000 pounds (886,364 kg) of poultry will be allowed entry into the local market – half of this amount will be allocated in December for the first half of the year (January – June) and the remainder in June for the latter half of the year (July – December)
The Ministry urges that applications be submitted on a timely basis and should cater for requirements during peak periods. The Ministry will publish a list of the licences issued on the Ministry’s website: www.minbusiness.gov.gy.
Please be guided accordingly.
Ms. Nicola Namdeo
Director of Commerce