Companies are registered at the Commercial Registry located at Lot 1 High & Commerce Streets Georgetown, Guyana
Documents that must be provided at the registry
- Articles on Incorporation
- Notice of Directors
- Consents to act Director
- Notice of Secretary
- Consent to act as Secretary
- Notice of Registered Office
- Declaration of Compliance (Signed by an Attorney)
- By laws (as necessary)
Procedure for Incorporating a Company
- Search for company name at the commercial registry and reserve proposed name. It costs $175 to search and $800 to reserve.
- When a Company is presented at the Registry to be incorporated in the case of a local company, the counter clerk checks the documents to ensure that it corresponds to the list.
- Once all of the aforesaid are in order for filing, it is then taxed at a fee of ($63,550) and sent to the cashier for payment.
- Once the fees are paid the Companies clerk will proceed to enter the company into the Register and Automated System for which a Certificate of Incorporation would be generated.
- The certificate is then submitted to the Registrar for signing.
- When the signing is complete the Certificate of Incorporation is then issued along with certified Copies of the Articles, as requested.