Ministry of Business
Department of Commerce
List of applicants granted licenses to import poultry (February – July 2016)
In an effort to ensure that adequate poultry meat is available on the local market and to support the local poultry industry, the Ministry will be issuing import licenses on a semi-annual basis.
The total quantity of poultry to be imported per year is 1.9 million pounds but may vary if market conditions change.
The following businesses/individuals were recipients of the first batch of import licenses (for 950,000 pounds) issued in 2016:
- J & R Imports
- Nova Scotia Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- J’s Supermarket
- J.R. Trading
- Bacchus Enterprise
- Didco Trading Co. Ltd.
- Friendship Hotel & Restaurant Holdings
- Akktive Imports
- F.I. Supermarket
- Subs & Salads
- Mark Seekwar
- Danny & Sons Halaal
Importers are advised that:
- The final batch of licenses will be granted in July 2016.
- All importers must register with the Ministry’s Licensing Section.
- Only importers who have registered with the Licensing Section will be considered.
- Licenses are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Licenses are valid for six (6) months.
- Extensions will not be granted.