The Ministry of Business sponsorship policy was developed to ensure all sponsorship contribute to our core objectives, provide optimum use of public resources, and that all requests are dealt with in a transparent and systematic way. The Ministry will consider sponsoring initiatives organized by or for businesses where the main objective contributes to enhancing the development of businesses in Guyana.
- All proposals must relate and contribute to the Ministry’s strategic objectives outlined in the 2016-2020 Strategic Action Plan (which is available on the Ministry of Business website).
- Initiatives should not be organized by individuals; registered businesses or non-governmental organizations should be involved in the organizing committee for the event.
- Businesses should either directly or indirectly be the main beneficiaries of the initiative
- Initiatives which include structured learning and public-private dialogue for specific policy formulation purposes are preferred
- All applications must fulfill all the criteria stated in this policy.
Proposals that do not meet the criteria, that do not provide the correct information, or that are not received well in advance of the initiative will not be considered.