Businesses are the major sources of GDP, income, investments and jobs in Guyana, and will therefore be central to securing the economic growth we need to drive Guyana’s future. In recognition of this fact, the mandate of the Minister of Business addresses the matters of investment promotion, work force enhancement, sustainable development and export promotion. To effectively address these matters the Ministry has opted to develop a comprehensive strategic plan.
In order to ensure timely release of information to the public, and to guide our activities until our full strategic plan is launched, we have prepared this “Strategic Action Plan” which you are now reading. Our Strategic Action plan details our 2015 and planned 2016 activities as well as our vision to implement our mandate by 2020.
The five strategic goals of the Ministry of Business are:
- Improve the ease of doing business in Guyana
- Attract increased foreign investments in our economy
- Support the development and exports of value-added industries
- Increase the economic opportunities and capabilities of vulnerable groups
- Expand our capacity to develop and promote sustainable business-friendly policies
The following pages explain how we intend to implement our vision, and the time-frame for completion of the final plan with support of the UNDP. We are dedicated to providing the support needed for businesses in Guyana to thrive, in order to achieve inclusive and sustainable growth. We do hope you will enjoy reading.