Please see standard operating procedure for requesting approval for the Importation of Meat and Meat Products
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING
APPROVAL FOR THE IMPORTATION OF MEAT AND MEAT PRODUCTS
(EXCLUDING FISH AND FISHERY PRODUCTS)
The Guyana Livestock Development Authority in collaboration with the Ministry of Business and the Ministry of Public Health, (Veterinary Public Health Unit) wishes to notify the general public of the procedures necessary for requesting approval for the importation of meat and meat products (excluding fish and fishery products).
The Standard Operating Procedure for requesting of approval for the importation of meat and meat products (excluding fish and fishery products) can be viewed at:
- The Ministry of Agriculture Website at http://agriculture.gov.gy/
- The Ministry of Business Website at minbusiness.gov.gy.com
- The Ministry of Public Health (Veterinary Public Health Unit) website at https://www.health.gov.gy/
- Guyana Livestock Development Authority facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Guyana.Livestock.Development.Authority.2015/
Please be advised that the importation of meat and or meat products into Guyana without first obtaining a permit and license constitutes a breach of the Laws of Guyana and renders the offender liable to a fine and / or imprisonment upon conviction.
For further details, kindly contact:
- The Licensing Section, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Business on 227-2718 or 22-63182
- The Animal Health Unit of the Guyana Livestock Development Authority on 220-2864 or 220-6556
- The Ministry of Public Health, (Veterinary Public Health Unit) on 223-9706 or 223-9712