In September 2015 the Ministry of Business was created to address matters including investment promotion, workforce enhancement, sustainable development and export promotion. The Ministry includes the Departments of Commerce and Industrial Development, the Small Business Bureau (SBB), the Guyana Office for Investment (GOInvest) and the Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS). Further information is available on the website at: http://minbusiness.gov.gy/
The Ministry of Business is guided by a Strategic Action Plan with five strategic goals as follows:
1. Improve the ease of doing business in Guyana
2. Attract increased foreign investments in our economy
3. Support the development and exports of value-added industries
4. Increase the economic opportunities and capabilities of vulnerable groups
5. Expand our capacity to develop and promote sustainable business-friendly policies
The Business Strategy and Policy Unit is a new unit of the Ministry with a mandate to develop strategies and policies in the relevant areas. This involves research, strategic planning, policy analysis, economics and law.