JOB TITLE: HEAD – SCRAP METAL UNIT
REPORTS TO: Permanent Secretary
PURPOSE: To ensure the effective administration and direct control of the functional activities in the administration of the Scrap Metal Unit and enable co-ordination in order to achieve objectives
– Shall be responsible for the overall operation of the Scrap Metal Unit- Strategic planning of all of the Unit’s activities, its budget, organization and finance.
– Implementation of all policies to govern Unit
– Effective personnel administrative support services
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
– Responsible for the evaluation, monitoring and assessment of policy implementation.
– Implements staff training and development plan for the section.
¬- Examines and modifies administrative procedures.
¬- Oversees the equitable allocation and access to the Ministry’s human and material resources.
– Supervises all members of staff in Unit (administrative, technical and clerical).
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
– A Degree in Public Administration, Public Management or other relevant qualification plus eight (8) years experience in a Senior Managerial position, two (2) of which should have been at the level of Supervisor, Head of Department or Manager.
* Experience with trade or import/export background would be and asset.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON REULTS
– The Head of Department shall be responsible for making recommendations for the continued viability and functionality of the Unit and the smooth operation of the Scrap Metal Trade.