JOB TITLE: SPECIAL PROJECTS OFFICER
REPORTS TO: MINISTER
MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT: MINISTER’S SECRETARIAT, MINISTRY OF BUSINESS
· To assist with the development of projects for funding for the Ministry as well the development of investor- ready project portfolios
· To provide research material on projects relating to the work of the Ministry and to give advice thereon.
· To follow up and provide information on administrative and other matters delegated by the Minister in a timely manner.
· Profiles of projects for implementation by the Ministry of Business and its agencies
· Project proposals to maximize funding opportunities
· Investor-ready portfolio of projects
· Registry of projects undertaken by other government agencies and identification of opportunities for synergies
· Reports on meetings, conferences and periodic reviews of specific projects undertaken by the Ministry.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
· Helps to coordinate preparatory work for financing of specific projects identified by external funding agencies.
· Prepares or assists in preparing, and presents proposals for special projects to be funded.
· Collects, maintains, reports on and publishes data regarding project activities.
· In collaboration with the Communications Officer, designs and implements public information and educational programs and conducts public consultations concerning special projects.
· Monitors special projects and project proposals and ensures that findings are applied, implemented, and documented.
· Works closely with local authorities to identify areas for project development
· Attends select meetings on behalf of the Minister.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Degree/Diploma in Public, Business Administration, Project management, Management Studies or equivalent
· A minimum of three years administrative experience.
The incumbent is required to communicate at the highest level on behalf of the Minister as such a good grasp of the English language with special emphasis on oral and written communication is desirable.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS
Subject to consultation with the Minister, the incumbent can make decisions on a variety of matters relating to the execution of the tasks assigned. The incumbent works closely with colleagues and personnel in external agencies and such interfacing can lead to better decision-making.
Responsible for managing relationships, documents and any other resource assigned to his care.
The incumbent is compensated in accordance with the Public Service GS10 Salary scale
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Working Conditions.